Thursday, May 12, 2016
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Panda Patriot Generating Station
50 Panda Lane
Montgomery, Pennsylvania 17752
(724) 933-7306 ext. 28
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
RSVP Now to attend the Panda Patriot Tour on May 12, 2016
Deadline to RSVP is May 6, 2016
PGMD Meeting - 10:00 AM
Presentation and Tour - 11:00 AM
Host - Joe Lloyd, General Manager of Panda Patriot
Attendees must wear closed-toe flat shoes and long pants for the site tour.
Hard hats and safety glasses will be supplied.
Lunch will be provided by Panda Patriot
Patriot Power Plant Facility Highlights
Location: 50 Panda Lane, Montgomery, PA 17752. Clinton Township (Near Williamsport); Lycoming County, Pa.
Site Size: 85 Acres
Size: 829 Megawatts; Will supply the power needs of up to 1 million homes in Northern Pa.
Technology: Combined cycle
Fuel: Clean, natural gas
Air Permit Received: August 13, 2013
Construction Start: December 2013
Construction Time: Approximately 30 months
Anticipated Date of Substantial Completion: Mid 2016
- 2 Siemen's Gas Turbines (8000H) - each capable of producing 295 Megawatts
- 2 Vogt Heat Recover Steam Generators (HRSG) each capable of producing 687,000 lb/hr of high pressure steam at 2400 #'s and temperature of 1050 F
- 2 Siemen's Steam Turbines - each capable of producing 115 Megawatts
- Total Plant output estimated at 820 Megawatts
- Plant expected to make a significant contribution to Central Pennsylvania
- Create approximately 500 construction jobs; 27 direct jobs to operate the plant and 45 indirect jobs to support the plant
- Utilize the latest, most advanced emissions-control technology, making it one of the cleanest natural gas-fueled power plants in the United States
- Use Siemens H-class gas turbines — the world's first generation technology to achieve operating efficiencies of 60 percent.
- Be cooled with air rather than water — not drawing water from, or discharging water into, the Susquehanna River — eliminating potential impacts to sensitive species in the watershed
- Minimize sound using special blade designs, low-output motors and building enclosures
If you should need overnight accommodations, please reserve a room. Below is a list of hotels in the area that have special rates or go to www.williamsport.org
The Genetti – a historic hotel in the center of Williamsport (near good restaurants and the arts theater: $70/night (mention PIOGA Pipeline for rate) Includes breakfast and secured parking (570-326-6600)
Hampton Inn & Suites – Faxon- new hotel right off the Faxon exit – Route 180. Restaurants on adjacent properties: ask for "Panda rate" (per Madge)which is $105 (includes breakfast) (570-601-5800)